*This post may contain affiliate links.
Until now I lost 18 kilograms and I’m not done yet. I started to work on it almost a year ago around June 2017. A cute girl who is following me on Instagram noticed the changes in my body and asked me how I lost my weight. So I decided to share my weight loss story here and maybe some of you will find something useful. I didn’t want to write a post about what you should eat and what you shouldn’t. I’m sure you know it exactly. I wanted to write a post about how I can keep my enthusiasm and do not give it up again, even at the hardest times. I’ve been struggling with my weight my whole life. I tried a bunch of diets, fat burners, and who knows what and I was waiting for the miracle. Somehow it didn’t want to come. Then suddenly I changed my mind and said: Enough! What was the reason? My weight reached 84 kilograms. Too much for my 162 cm height and I didn’t feel good and it wasn’t healthy either. And then I just found the solution: diet and sport. I usually stop reading articles just right here, but this is the ugly truth: only a healthy diet and sports work – and I think the liposuction too, but I don’t want to spend money for a thing like this. So here are some tricks and tips, that work for me. The followings will sound more terrifying and time-consuming as they really are.
The first step: to accept it as a lifestyle and that it takes time
All of the articles say: do it step by step, it takes time. But I’m impatient so as a first step I reduced my daily input to around 800 kcal and started to do sports fanatically, that means 3-4 hours a day. I could keep it roughly about 2-3 weeks and my body said: Stop! But I have given up my diet too many times before and I didn’t want to make the same mistake so I had to find the golden path that involves sacrifices and not just for a while, but for a lifetime. And this is the first step: to accept that it is a lifestyle. But it doesn’t mean that you have to skip every yummy thing forever. It means you have to create – and then keep – your healthy eating habits and do some sports at the same time.
Find your motivation… the real one!
When I was younger, my motivation was to look like the girls in the magazines, then my motivation changed and the models were replaced by the boys – no, I didn’t want to look like a boy, but I was doing it for them – and I has a lots of other silly reasons. But once I found the best. I got sick and my state got worse and worse. I had to go to the doctor every single week, even more, there were some weeks when I had to go there more than twice a week! Too much time, too much money and no one could tell what my real problem was and what caused my symptoms, but they agreed on one thing. I should start to live a healthy life and it will help me a bit. So I did and it worked. I still have some symptoms and I still have to go to the doctor, but far less often and I’m feeling better. Much better. So if I may suggest: don’t do it in order to lose weight, but do it to be healthy and the rest will come with that.
It claims sacrifices
Definitely! But are these sacrifices really sacrifices? Here are mines and also the reason why I don’t consider them sacrifices.
- Wake up earlier to do some yoga: I really love yoga! It helps me to start my day better and keep my mind, my body and my soul in peace. Moreover, it makes my body more flexible and toned. Additionally I really love the yoga outfit. I ordered yoga leggings from Poppy Apparel Shop and I can’t wait to get it. If you’d like to order from this online shop, feel free to use the promotion code “onlythefeelingremains” and you will get 10% off your entire order.
- Skip sugar, wrong fat, and carbohydrate: I used to eat too much from these. Now I try to skip them and as a result not only my body has changed, but my skin has become nicer and cleaner, my nails and my hair have become stronger and I have more energy.
- Daily workout routine: I try to do some sports every single day. For example, if I have 20 minutes I grab my weights, if I have an hour I go running, if I have more I go swimming. Or I just go dancing somewhere, it depends on my mood, but I try to do something every day.
My best friends
Let me introduce my best friends: the scales (both in the kitchen and the bathroom) and the calorie tables. It is not a secret if you eat less than you can burn, you will lose weight. It’s as simple as it is. So I follow my inputs every single day. It sounds so time-consuming, but it is only plus 2-3 minutes/meal and as soon as it turns into a routine, you’ll not even notice. I also measure myself every day. I know I shouldn’t because it’s not an overnight project and sometimes I could be heavier because of my period, the stars’ conjunction or the increase of the gasoline prices… whatever
Know your weaknesses
Aw, those excuses! What a wonderful shelter that keeps you in safe from doing sports and eating healthy. I know all of them. Even more, I had already used all of them. And there is another category too: unconscious actions and habits. Here are my top weaknesses:
- I don’t have time. Really?! Don’t you have 20 minutes? Oh, come on! I guess it’s not true, but if that would be the case than it would also be true: I was thinking about a regular day of mine and I was looking for the gaps. And guess what? I found more time than 20 minutes that was actually not free time, but it could be. From that time it has been my choice how I order my priorities.
- I’m an emotional eater. When I had a problem I used to eat. Anything and everything. Two days ago I started to do it again and I didn’t notice it at first. Then I just realized what I did and I knew I had to find the reason because I wasn’t hungry at all.
- I can’t lose weight because I’m ill. When the doctor said I have some problems that have an effect on my endocrine system he just gave me the best excuse ever! I cannot do anything, I am who I am, end of the story. But it wasn’t true and somewhere deep inside me I knew it exactly. Finally this excuse became the reason why I started it. I turned my excuse into my motivation.
- I will start it tomorrow / on Monday / at the beginning of the next month… No, I won’t! Just start it right now. That’s it.
- I’m a person of extremes. I do something correctly with full energy and passion or not do it at all. Hence when I was weak and allowed myself to have a chocolate bar or I skipped one work out session, I gave it up, because I failed and it was all over. I had to work on it so hard to change my mind.
As it is clear to see all of those are only in my mind. Find yours, and kick their ass!
It is not a problem if you take a short pause
When I travel, I would love to taste the local specialties or when I go home to visit my mom, I really would like to eat from the meals that she made or I would like to eat a chocolate bar or drink a glass of wine because there is a special occasion. You know. Like Wednesday. And it’s totally ok. I think it is more important to keep my diet up in my daily routine and when I would like to ‘cheat’, the calorie counter will help me to keep it in line.
I really hope that you will find this article useful, because this topic is a very sensitive one for me. If you have any questions or if you’d like to share your tips that work for you, feel free to send me a message.